Time and attendance systems are used by organizations of all sizes across a range of industries to ensure accuracy of employee’s time and attendance, pay and absence request, and the optimization of productivity of employees.
It is important for every business because it’s a tangible number that supports the decision business leaders make.
These numbers are usually used to forecast sales prediction, workforce demand, amount of hours available for your workers and more.
Time and attendance systems are simple to implement and manage. Employees will be appropriately compensated for their work while eliminating bottlenecks in payroll.
Here are a few benefits of implementing time and attendance systems.
1. Prevent Time fraud or payroll abuse: Manual processes of time and attendance such as time sheets or manager approved overtime are open to abuse, fraud or honest mistakes. The implementation of time and attendance systems make everything transparent accurate and fully audited.
Biometric readers such as fingerprint scanners or iris scanners can also be installed to prevent buddy punching.
2. Save hours of planning and eliminate spreadsheets: Using spreadsheets to plan staff shifts can be time consuming. An effective time attendance system uses an easy to use Rota management screen that allows the creation of shift patterns and enables you plan Rota in advance. This helps managers to plan, based on demand and within budget.
3. Reduce Absenteeism: employee absence creates a huge impact on organization. Time and attendance systems enable organizations to rates and report reasons for absenteeism. Recording absence notifies line managers, payroll, colleagues etc. the recorded absence can be collated and given to management, to enable management make decisions for the benefit of the organization and employees.
4. Increased Employee Satisfaction: Handling and scheduling time off request is crucial to maintaining a happy and satisfied workforce. With automated systems, it is possible to quickly review, approve and address absence request, and manage planned absences to minimize the effect of their absence on the company.
5. Hassle free Workflow Management: An integrated time attendance system provides good visibility of all data and eases the workflow of payrolls, leaves and performance reviews. Notifications are automated and a manager can approve requests for early departure, overtime immediately, without the specific need for communication or task of manual scheduling. The system can also help manage schedule, allocate shifts, and keep track of shift swaps.